Assistant Store Manager
This is a great opportunity for an adept people leader to take the next step towards managing a store in future!
About Number One Shoes
We are New Zealand's largest footwear retailer with 51 stores nationwide with stores from Whangarei to Invercargill. With a team of over 500 people we have been a part of New Zealand's communities for over 30 years delivering shoes for every occasion. Join our team and play your part in the success of a dynamic company and a supportive team committed to your development!
About the role
The Assistant Store Manager role reports directly to the Store Manager and is a hands-on leadership role, inspiring the team to exceed customer expectations on service and our in-store experience. No day is ever the same as you play a fundamental part in supporting the Store Manager to lead the team to success and ensure the success of business operations.
- Drive a high level of customer service through the team
- Achieve in store KPI's
- Set-up of in-store displays and maintain store merchandising standards
- Utilise store reports to maximise sales and increase the performance of the store
- Manage the team and assign tasks for maximum efficiency
- Assist the Store Manager in the total operation of the store
Skills and Experience
- Retail management experience or supervisory experience
- Proven track records of KPIs and sales achievement
- Good degree of computer literacy
- People management and an ability to lead a team
- Display a passion for retail, leadership, staff development and success
This role may require you to be prepared to work late nights and weekends on a rotational roster. Managing stock flow through your store means the role can be physically demanding at times, so we're looking for someone who's happy to roll up their sleeves and take a hands-on approach.
- Internal growth opportunities
- 40% off in store product
- 3 free pairs of shoes per year
- Comprehensive training programme when joining the team
- Join a well-recognised and reputable company
- Your birthday off
If you are ready to step in a new direction, don't miss this opportunity!