Lyall Bay Store
About Number One Shoes
We are New Zealand's largest footwear retailer with 51 stores nationwide with stores from Whangarei to Invercargill. With a team of over 500 people we have been a part of New Zealand's communities for over 30 years delivering shoes for every occasion. We put our customers first, have fun, always working as one team and have integrity in everything we do. Join our team and play your part in the success of a dynamic company and a supportive team committed to your development!
About the role
The Store Manager role reports directly to the Regional Manager and is at the forefront of business operations, managing a busy shop floor team to achieve great results in both sales and service. No day is ever the same as you build and manage your store and team to deliver on the financial achievement of the store by driving an exceptionally high level of customer service and ensuring buy-in to achieve other key KPIs.
- Demonstrate strong leadership
- Coach, develop and inspire your store team
- Complete rosters and meet financial targets and wage budgets
- Achieve budget sales
- Develop and maintain your store business plan and measure store performance
- Utilise KPI's to drive the performance of your store
- Implement marketing and advertising initiatives in store
- Manage and process stock accurately
- Complete all reports according to company procedures and standards
- Maintain accurate financial records
Skills and Experience
- Large format retail management experience
- Proven track records of KPIs and sales achievement
- People management and leadership experience
- Good degree of computer literacy
- Display a passion for retail, leadership, staff development and success
- Knowledge of P & L and Cost Management
This role may require you to be prepared to work late nights and weekends on a rotational roster. Managing stock flow through your store means the role can be physically demanding at times, so we're looking for someone who's happy to roll up their sleeves and take a hands-on approach.
- Internal growth opportunities
- 40% off in store product
- 3 free pairs of shoes per year
- Comprehensive training programme when joining the team
- Join a well-recognised and reputable company
- Your birthday off
If you are ready to step in a new direction, don't miss this opportunity!