Customer Service Team Leader
About the company
You might not have heard of Ngāhūia Group Limited but we reckon you'll know our brands - Number One Shoes, Hannahs and Hush Puppies, some of the most recognised retail brands in New Zealand. Together we are New Zealand's largest footwear retail group.
Our success lies with our experienced, passionate and dedicated teams; genuine people with a positive attitude, who care about exceeding our customers' expectations and enjoy working together as a team.
About the role
This is a fantastic opportunity conveniently located on Auckland's North Shore. The role reports directly to the Operations Development Manager and is the first port of call for all customer enquiries, concerns and requests.
The role requires you to handle all calls to a high standard, online chat with customers via our website, maintaining accurate customer records, responding to email queries, as well as order management: tracking, refunds and exchanges. A good knowledge of online shopping and social media sites such as Facebook is desirable, as you will be expected to respond quickly to all social media activity.
In addition, you will show leadership to your direct reports, approx. 3 x Customer Service Representatives, and undertake responsibilities associated with being a People Leader.
This is a role that will also create opportunity to be involved in other aspects of the Operations team so we're looking for someone who isn't afraid to get stuck in and use their initiative to get the job done.
Key focuses of the role:
- Outstanding Customer Service
- Keeping accurate records on the Customer Database
- Documenting Procedures and Reporting
- Relationship building
- People Leadership
Does the shoe fit?
Success in this role will rely on you being a strong multi-tasker who is confident in providing exceptional customer service. It is important that you bring a high level of accuracy and experience in Microsoft Office (Excel in particular), be an excellent problem solver and have strong verbal and written communication skills.
We're after a positive and patient person who's able to work well under pressure and loves our product just as much as we do. Previous experience in a customer service role or call centre using Zendesk would be desirable.
Our ideal candidate will have the following experience
- Have experience within a customer service or call centre environment of approximately 1-2 years with particular emphasis on email communications.
- Team Leader or Supervisory experience
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- Zendesk or similar software experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Works well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Great problem solving skills coupled with a ‘can do' attitude
- Competent in dealing with conflict
For the right person we are offering:
- Competitive salary package
- Generous discount off in-store product
- Join a well-recognised and reputable company (where you don't have to work your birthday!)
- Great office location almost on the beach!
Are you an self-starter with a can-do attitude, detail oriented, efficient and organised? Do you strive to be the best and deliver beyond what is expected?
If so this is your opportunity to begin a career with an iconic New Zealand brand. Don't wait, APPLY online TODAY.